- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 25. Public Assistance
- Section 1. Powers and Duties.
previous: Chapter 25
. Public Assistance
next: Section 10
. [Renumbered as AS 47.55.010
AS 47.25.001. Powers and Duties.
- (a) The department shall
- (1) implement and administer a program to assist in providing day care for the children of low and moderate income
families according to the requirements of AS 47.25.001
- (2) establish standards of eligibility for day care benefits;
- (3) contract for the care of children of eligible families;
- (4) establish procedures to periodically review the needs of families receiving day care benefits;
- (5) provide notification to the local government body of the request for a contract with a day care facility.
- (b) The department may
- (1) adopt regulations necessary for the performance of its duties under AS 47.25.001
- (2) contract with other entities to perform duties of the department under AS 47.25.001
- 47.25.095 within an area specified by the
department; within an area, the department shall give higher priority to contracting with municipalities than with
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.