- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 20. Special Services For Certain Children
- Section 90. Finding and Evaluating Eligible Participants.
previous: Section 80
. Program Eligibility.
next: Section 100
. Individualized Family Service Plan.
AS 47.20.090. Finding and Evaluating Eligible Participants.
- (a) The department shall establish a comprehensive system for finding children and their families who are eligible for
services under AS 47.20.060 - 47.20.290. This child find system must
- (1) include a public awareness program focusing on early identification of developmentally delayed and disabled children
under three years of age;
- (2) provide for participation by primary referral sources; and
- (3) include procedures with timelines for referral of eligible participants to service providers.
- (b) The department shall, within 45 days after a child's referral for services under (a) of this section, ensure that all
affected public agencies and service providers
- (1) provide for a comprehensive multidisciplinary evaluation of the functioning of the child and the needs of the child's
family so that the family can appropriately assist in the development of the child;
- (2) in consultation with the child's parents, develop a written individualized service plan that identifies how the needs
of the child and the family could be met.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.