- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 20. Special Services For Certain Children
- Section 60. Purpose.
previous: Section 50
. Definitions. [Repealed, Sec. 4 Ch 77 SLA 1992].
next: Section 70
. Establishment of Program.
AS 47.20.060. Purpose.
It is the purpose of AS 47.20.060 - 47.20.290 to
- (1) subject to the availability of funding, provide quality learning and related early intervention family support
services to eligible children under the age of three who have developmental delays or disabilities and, on a
discretionary basis, to those children under the age of three who are at risk of developmental delays or disabilities;
- (2) bring together and make optimal use of all available federal, state, local, and private resources for the benefit of
children under the age of three with developmental delays or disabilities and their families;
- (3) expand and improve existing learning and early intervention services and to provide and arrange for comprehensive
services through local agencies and statewide support programs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.