- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 17. Child Protection
- Section 24. Duties of Practicioners of the Healing Arts.
previous: Section 23
. Reports Regarding Child Pornography.
next: Section 25
. Duties of Public Authorities.
AS 47.17.024. Duties of Practicioners of the Healing Arts.
- (a) A practitioner of the healing arts involved in the delivery or care of an infant who the practitioner
determines has been adversely affected by, or is withdrawing from exposure to, a controlled substance or alcohol shall immediately
notify the nearest office of the department of the infant's condition.
- (b) In this section,
- (1) "controlled substance" has the meaning given in AS 11.71.900 , but does not include a substance lawfully taken under a
prescription from a health care provider who is authorized to prescribe the substance;
- (2) "infant" means a child who is less than 12 months of age.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.