(a) A law enforcement agency shall immediately notify the department of the receipt of a report of harm to a child from abuse. Upon receipt from any source of a report of harm to a child from abuse, the department shall notify the Department of Law and investigate the report and, within 72 hours of the receipt of the report, shall provide a written report of its investigation of the harm to a child from abuse to the Department of Law for review.
(b) The report of harm to a child from abuse required from the department by this section must include:
(1) the names and addresses of the child and the child’s parent or other persons responsible for the child’s care, if known;
(2) the age and sex of the child;
(3) the nature and extent of the harm to the child from abuse;
(4) the name and age and address of the person known or believed to be responsible for the harm to the child from abuse, if known;
(5) information that the department believes may be helpful in establishing the identity of the person believed to have caused the harm to the child from abuse.
(c) Within 20 days after receiving a report of harm, whether or not the matter is referred to a local government agency, the department shall notify the person who made the report and who made a request to be notified about the status of the investigation, without disclosing any confidential information.
Other Sections in this Chapter:
- Sec. 47.17.010. Purpose.
- Sec. 47.17.020. Persons required to report.
- Sec. 47.17.022. Training.
- Sec. 47.17.023. Reports from certain persons regarding child pornography.
- Sec. 47.17.024. Duties of practitioners of the healing arts.
- Sec. 47.17.027. Duties of school officials.
- Sec. 47.17.030. Action on reports; termination of parental rights.
- Sec. 47.17.033. Investigations and interviews.
- Sec. 47.17.035. Duties of department in domestic violence cases.
- Sec. 47.17.040. Child protection registry; confidentiality.
- Sec. 47.17.050. Immunity.
- Sec. 47.17.060. Evidence not privileged.
- Sec. 47.17.064. Photographs and x-rays.
- Sec. 47.17.068. Penalty for failure to report.
- Sec. 47.17.069. Protective injunctions.
- Sec. 47.17.070. [Renumbered as AS 47.17.290 Renumbered
- Sec. 47.17.290. Definitions.