- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 5. Administration of Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Section 15. Contracts.
previous: Section 12
. Material Incorporated By Reference.
next: Section 17
. Home Care Providers.
AS 47.05.015. Contracts.
- (a) The department may contract with a person or local government for the delivery of services to be provided by the
department under AS 47.05.010 if the commissioner
determines the service will be provided at less cost to the state or will be provided in a more effective manner.
- (b) Services that may be provided by contract under this section include accepting applications for assistance, conducting
interviews, making eligibility determinations, and issuing benefits, but do not include adoption of program standards
or other matters involving the exercise of agency discretion.
- (c) A contract authorized under this section is exempt from the competitive bid requirements of AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code). In awarding a contract under this
section the department shall request proposals in accordance with regulations of the Department of Administration under
AS 36.30 (State Procurement Code).
- (d) This section does not limit the authority provided by law for the department to contract for the delivery of services
other than those provided under AS 47.05.010
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.