- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 47. Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Chapter 5. Administration of Welfare, Social Services and Institutions
- Section 12. Material Incorporated By Reference.
previous: Section 10
. Duties of Department.
next: Section 15
AS 47.05.012. Material Incorporated By Reference.
Under AS 44.62.245
(a)(2), in adopting or amending a regulation that incorporates a document or other material by reference, the
department may incorporate future amended versions of the document or other material if the document or other material
is one of the following:
- (1) a document that is published, compiled, or prepared by the United States Department of Health and Human Services and
is included in the following list:
- (A) the international classification of diseases, clinical modifications;
- (B) the common procedure coding system;
- (C) the specifications for national uniform billing data elements;
- (D) the federal poverty guidelines for the state;
- (E) the Indian Health Service encounter rates; or
- (F) the relative value units used in the Medicare program for determination of fee schedules;
- (2) the current procedural terminology for physicians published by the American Medical Association;
- (3) the diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders published by the American Psychiatric Association;
- (4) the length of stay in hospitals by diagnosis and operation for the western region of the United States, published by
- (5) the relative value guide published by the American Society of Anesthesiologists;
- (6) the consumer price index published by the United States Department of Labor;
- (7) the health plan employer data and information set published by the National Committee for Quality Assurance;
- (8) practice standards adopted by the American Academy of Pediatrics, American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists,
American Diabetes Association, American Cancer Society, American Academy of Family Physicians, American College of
Physicians, United States Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, or
the National Asthma Education and Prevention Program;
- (9) the compendium of animal rabies prevention and control published by the United States Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention;
- (10) the control of communicable diseases manual published by the American Public Health Association;
- (11) the standards manual and interpretative guidelines for behavioral health, employment and community support services,
and for medical rehabilitation published by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitative Facilities;
- (12) consumer assessment of health plans published by the Agency for Health Care Policy and Research; or
- (13) resources for optimal care of the injured patient published by the Committee on Trauma, American College of Surgeons.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.