- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 40. The Alaska Coastal Management Program
- Section 100. Compliance and Enforcement.
previous: Section 96
. Consistency Reviews and Determinations.
next: Section 110
. Authority in the Unorganized Borough.
AS 46.40.100. Compliance and Enforcement.
- (a) As provided in AS 46.40.090
and 46.40.096, municipalities and state resource
agencies shall administer land and water use regulations or controls in conformity with district coastal management
plans approved under this chapter and in effect.
- (b) A party that is authorized under (g) of this section may file a petition showing that a district coastal management
plan is not being implemented. A petition filed under this subsection may not seek review of a proposed or final
consistency determination regarding a specific project. On receipt of a petition, the department, after giving public
notice in the manner required by (f) of this section, shall convene a hearing to consider the matter. A hearing called
under this subsection shall be held in accordance with regulations adopted under this chapter. After hearing, the
department may order that the coastal resource district or a state resource agency take any action with respect to
future implementation of the district coastal management plan that the department considers necessary, except that the
department may not order that the coastal resource district or a state agency take any action with respect to a
proposed or final consistency determination that has been issued.
- (c) In determining whether an approved district coastal management plan is being implemented by a coastal resource
district that exercises zoning authority or controls on the use of resources within the coastal area or by a state
resource agency, the department shall find in favor of the district or the state resource agency, unless the department
finds a pattern of nonimplementation.
- (d) [Repealed, Sec. 9 ch 29 SLA 2002].
- (e) The superior courts of the state have jurisdiction to enforce lawful orders of the department under this chapter.
- (f) Upon receipt of a petition under (b) of this section, the department shall give notice of the hearing at least 10 days
before the scheduled date of the hearing. The notice must
- (1) contain sufficient information in commonly understood terms to inform the public of the nature of the petition; and
- (2) indicate the manner in which the public may comment on the petition.
- (g) The opportunity to petition is limited to
- (1) a coastal resource district;
- (2) a citizen of the coastal resource district; or
- (3) a state resource agency.
- (h) If the department finds a pattern of nonimplementation under (c) of this section, the department may order a coastal
resource district or a state resource agency to take action with respect to future implementation of the district
coastal management plan that the department considers necessary to implement the district coastal management plan. The
department's determination under (c) of this section and any order issued under this subsection shall be considered a
final administrative order for purposes of judicial review under AS 44.62.560.
Article 02. COASTAL MANAGEMENT PLANS IN THE UNORGANIZED BOROUGH
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.