- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 830. Proof of Financial Responsibility Required For Petrochemical Facility or Hazardous Waste Disposal Site Operation.
previous: Section 828
. Other Rights of Action Not Affected.
next: Section 833
. Compliance With Financial Responsibility Requirements.
AS 46.03.830. Proof of Financial Responsibility Required For Petrochemical Facility or Hazardous Waste Disposal Site Operation.
- (a) A person may not operate a petrochemical facility or a hazardous waste disposal site unless the person has furnished
proof to the commissioner of financial ability to control a hazardous waste that will be used in, produced by, or
disposed of at the facility or the site. Proof of financial responsibility shall include responsibility for the
hazardous waste after the facility or site is closed, and may be demonstrated by self-insurance, insurance, surety, or
guarantee, under regulations adopted by the department.
- (b) Acceptance of proof of financial responsibility under this section expires
- (1) one year from its issuance for self-insurance;
- (2) on the effective date of a change in the surety bond, guarantee, or insurance agreement; or
- (3) on the expiration or cancellation of the surety bond, guarantee, or insurance agreement.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.