- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 750. Ballast Water Discharge.
previous: Section 745
. Hazardous Substance Release.
next: Section 755
. Discharge Reporting.
AS 46.03.750. Ballast Water Discharge.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) of this section, a person may not cause or permit the discharge of ballast water from a
cargo tank of a tank vessel into the waters of the state. A tank vessel may not take on petroleum or a petroleum
product or by-product as cargo unless it arrives in ports in the state without having discharged ballast from cargo
tanks into the waters of the state and the master of the vessel certifies that fact on forms provided by the
- (b) The master of a tank vessel may discharge ballast water from a cargo tank of a tank vessel if it is necessary for the
safety of the tank vessel and no alternative action is feasible to ensure the safety of the tank vessel.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.