- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 550. Fitness For Use.
previous: Section 540
. Decontamination Requirements.
next: Section 560
. Securing the Property.
AS 46.03.550. Fitness For Use.
- (a) Property for which a notice has been issued under AS 46.03.500
shall be determined by the department to be fit for use if the owner certifies to the department under penalty of
unsworn falsification in the second degreethat
- (1) based on sampling and testing procedures established by the department under AS 46.03.520
(b) and performed by laboratories that are on the list maintained by the department under AS 46.03.520
(c), the limits on substances specified in regulations adopted under AS 46.03.530 are not exceeded on the property;
- (2) if the property was ever sampled and tested under AS 46.03.520
and the test results showed the property to be unfit for use under AS 46.03.530, decontamination procedures were performed in
accordance with the guidelines established under AS 46.03.540
(b) and the requirements of (1) of this subsection have been met; or
- (3) a court has held that the determination that the property was an illegal drug manufacturing site was not made in
compliance with AS 46.03.500(a).
- (b) The department shall maintain a list of properties for which the department has received notice under AS 46.03.500
(c). When the department determines under (a) of this section that a property on the list is fit for use, the department
shall note on the list maintained on its Internet website under AS 46.03.500 (f), and on any other list or database it maintains
related to illegal drug manufacturing sites, that the property is fit for use and shall notify the owner of the property
that the property is fit for use. The property shall remain on the lists or databases for five years after it is determined
that the property is fit for use and shall be removed from the lists or databases within three months after the five-year
period has elapsed. On request, the department shall give a copy of the list maintained under this section to any person
who requests the list.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.