- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 461. Registration Requirements.
previous: Section 460
. Program Established.
next: Section 462
. Terms and Conditions of Discharge Permits.
AS 46.03.461. Registration Requirements.
- (a) Except as provided in AS 46.03.487
, each calendar year in which the owner or operator of a commercial passenger vessel intends to operate, or cause or
allow to be operated, the vessel in the marine waters of the state, the owner or operator of the vessel shall register
with the department. The registration shall be completed before the time any commercial passenger vessel of the owner
or operator enters the marine waters of the state in that calendar year. The registration must include the following
- (1) the vessel owner's business name and, if different, the vessel operator's business name for each commercial passenger
vessel of the owner or operator that is scheduled to be in the marine waters of the state during the calendar year;
- (2) the postal address, electronic mail address, telephone number, and facsimile number for the principal place of each
business identified under (1) of this subsection;
- (3) the name and address of an agent for service of process for each business identified under (1) of this subsection; the
owner and operator shall continuously maintain a designated agent for service of process whenever a commercial
passenger vessel of the owner or operator is in the marine waters of the state, and the agent must be an individual
resident of this state, a domestic corporation, or a foreign corporation having a place of business in and authorized
to do business in this state;
- (4) the name or call sign of and Port of Registry for each of the owner's or operator's vessels that is scheduled either
to call upon a port in this state or otherwise to be in the marine waters of the state during the calendar year and
after the date of registration; and
- (5) an agreement to comply with the terms and conditions of vessel discharges specified under AS 46.03.462
- (b) Registration under (a) of this section shall be executed under oath by the owner or operator.
- (c) Upon request of the department, the registrant shall submit registration information required under this section
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.