- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 46. Water, Air, Energy, and Environmental Conservation
- Chapter 3. Environmental Conservation
- Section 296. Disposal of Hazardous Wastes.
previous: Section 290
. [Renumbered as AS 46.03.865
next: Section 299
. Hazardous Waste Regulations.
AS 46.03.296. Disposal of Hazardous Wastes.
- (a) It is unlawful to dispose of hazardous wastes in the state unless
- (1) the waste has been treated and disposed of in a manner that uses the maximum degree of reduction of the harmful
qualities of a hazardous waste that is subject to this chapter and that the department, on a case-by-case basis,
determines is achievable for the hazardous waste by application of production processes and available methods, systems,
and techniques, taking into account energy, environmental, and economic impacts and other costs; and
- (2) the waste is disposed of in a manner that will ensure the protection of human health, livestock, wildlife, property,
and the environment.
- (b) The department shall adopt regulations in accordance with AS 44.62 (Administrative Procedure Act) for the treatment, storage, and
disposal of hazardous wastes to ensure the protection of human health, livestock, wildlife, property, and the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.