- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 68. Charitable Solicitations
- Section 120. Exemptions From Registration Requirement.
previous: Section 110
. Remedies Not Exclusive.
next: Section 130
AS 45.68.120. Exemptions From Registration Requirement.
- (a) Registration is not required under AS 45.68.010
- (1) a church or religious organization that is exempt from filing a federal annual information return under 26 U.S.C.
- (2) a candidate for national, state, or local office, and a political party or other committee or group if the candidate,
party, committee, or group is required to file financial information with the Alaska Public Offices Commission under AS
15.13 or with the Federal Election Commission under 2 U.S.C. 431
- 456 (Federal Election Campaign Act);
- (3) a charitable organization that does not intend to raise or receive contributions, excluding government grants, in
excess of $5,000 during a fiscal year of the charitable organization, or that does not intend to receive contributions
from more than 10 persons during a fiscal year of the charitable organization if, in either situation,
- (A) all of the organization's functions, including solicitation, are performed by persons who are not paid for their
- (B) an officer or member of the organization is not paid or does not otherwise receive all or a part of the assets or
income of the charitable organization;
- (4) a person or municipality who has a permit under AS 05.15.100
- (b) A person who qualifies for an exemption under (a)(3) of this section shall maintain for five years the records
necessary to prove that the organization qualifies for the exemption.
- (c) Notwithstanding (a)(3) of this section, if a charitable organization actually raises or receives more than $5,000 in
contributions during a fiscal year of the charitable organization or receives contributions from more than 10 persons
during the same fiscal year, the charitable organization shall, within 30 days after the earlier event, register with
the department under AS 45.68.010
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.