- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 68. Charitable Solicitations
- Section 10. Registration.
previous: Chapter 68
. Charitable Solicitations
next: Section 15
. Registration Fees.
AS 45.68.010. Registration.
- (a) A charitable organization may not solicit contributions of money or other property unless the charitable organization
is registered with the Department of Law.
- (b) A person may not solicit contributions of money or other property for a charitable organization for compensation
unless the person is registered with the department.
- (c) To register under this section, a charitable organization or paid solicitor shall file with the department
- (1) a registration statement on a form or in a format provided and established by the department by regulation; and
- (2) in the case of a paid solicitor, a bond in the amount and under the conditions established by the department by
- (d) Registration under this section expires on September 1 of each year. To renew a registration, a charitable
organization or paid solicitor shall file with the department a registration renewal statement established by the
department by regulation and, in the case of a paid solicitor, evidence that a bond that satisfies (c)(2) of this
section will be in effect for the renewal period.
- (e) A person who is required to register under this section shall report to the department a material change in the
information provided in the registration statement or registration renewal statement filed under this section. The
person shall report the change within seven days after the change occurs.
- (f) The department may require the registration and registration renewal statement required under (c)(1) and (d) of this
section to be submitted
- (1) under oath or affirmation; or
- (2) with notice that false statements made in the statement are punishable as unsworn falsification
in the second degree under AS 11.56.210
- (g) A person may not knowingly provide false statements in documents required by this chapter, including a
- (1) registration statement;
- (2) registration renewal statement;
- (3) report of material change in information required in the registration statement; or
- (4) financial report by a paid solicitor.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.