- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 66. Sale of Business Opportunities
- Section 120. Actions For Claims Against Escrow Account.
previous: Section 110
. Escrow Account Requirements.
next: Section 130
. Cancellation of Contract.
AS 45.66.120. Actions For Claims Against Escrow Account.
- (a) A buyer who has a claim against an escrow account required by AS 45.66.100 may bring a civil action against the seller or
escrow account holder to recover money from the escrow account.
- (b) Upon the filing of an action brought under this section, the clerk of the court shall mail a copy of the complaint to
the attorney general and, upon entry of an order or judgment in the action, shall mail a copy of the order or judgment
to the attorney general.
- (c) A person may not begin an action under this section more than two years after the person discovers or reasonably
should have discovered the basis for the claim.
- (d) The escrow account holder is not liable for the amount by which claims or damages caused by the seller exceed the
amount of the escrow account.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.