- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 66. Sale of Business Opportunities
- Section 100. Restrictions On Down Payments.
previous: Section 90
. Written Contract Required.
next: Section 110
. Escrow Account Requirements.
AS 45.66.100. Restrictions On Down Payments.
- (a) A seller may not require a buyer to pay as a down payment more than 20 percent of the initial payment unless the
excess above the 20 percent is placed in an escrow account that meets the requirements of AS 45.66.110
- (b) In this section,
- (1) "down payment" means that portion of the initial payment that the buyer is obligated to pay to the seller before or at
the time the products, equipment, supplies, or services are delivered, but does not include any amount that is financed
by or for which financing is to be obtained by the seller or that results from financing that the seller assists the
buyer to obtain;
- (2) "initial payment" means
- (A) the total amount that a buyer is obligated to pay under the terms of the contract before or at the time the equipment,
supplies, products, or services are delivered or within six months after the buyer commences operation of the business
- (B) the entire sale price if the contract sets out a specific total sale price for the purchase of the business
opportunity and the total price is to be paid partially as a down payment and then in specific monthly payments or a
subsequent lump sum payment.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.