- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 66. Sale of Business Opportunities
- Section 110. Escrow Account Requirements.
previous: Section 100
. Restrictions On Down Payments.
next: Section 120
. Actions For Claims Against Escrow Account.
AS 45.66.110. Escrow Account Requirements.
- (a) The holder of an escrow account required by AS 45.66.100
must be a person who is independent from the seller, and the escrow account holder may not make direct disbursements
from the escrow account except as provided in (c) and (d) of this section.
- (b) A seller who establishes an escrow account required by AS 45.66.100 shall provide to the escrow account holder a
copy of the signed contract between the buyer and the seller. The seller shall promptly report to the department the
- (1) the name and address of the escrow account holder;
- (2) the name and address of the financial institution, including the branch, where the escrow account is located; and
- (3) the escrow account number.
- (c) Except as provided in (d) of this section or under AS 45.66.120
, money placed in an escrow account required by AS 45.66.100
may not be released until 30 days have passed since the buyer signed the contract and the buyer notifies the escrow
account holder in writing that the products, equipment, supplies, or services required by the contract have been
delivered within the time set in the contract between the buyer and seller. The buyer shall notify the escrow account
holder of a timely delivery within 10 business days after delivery.
- (d) Upon notification by the buyer that the contract has been cancelled under AS 45.66.130
, the escrow account holder shall release the money held in the escrow account to the buyer.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.