- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 66. Sale of Business Opportunities
- Section 20. Registration Procedure.
previous: Section 10
. Registration Required.
next: Section 30
. Renewal of Registration.
AS 45.66.020. Registration Procedure.
- (a) To register under AS 45.66.010
, a person shall file with the department
- (1) the disclosure statement required by AS 45.66.080
and any advertising, pamphlets, brochures, or other materials to be used in the offering or promoting of the business
- (2) the bond required by AS 45.66.060
- (3) an irrevocable consent appointing the department as the person's agent for the receipt of service of process in a
court action or other proceeding against the person, or the successor in interest of the person, for a violation of
- (4) a completed application form that satisfies (b) of this section;
- (5) a signed statement that the person has read and will comply with this chapter and the regulations adopted under it;
- (6) the fee required by AS 45.66.040
- (7) other information requested by the department to evaluate whether the person meets the requirements of this chapter.
- (b) The department shall establish by regulation the application forms for registrations under this chapter. The
application forms must require the submission of the following information:
- (1) the nature of the business opportunity and the method by which it will be offered, advertised, or promoted;
- (2) the identity and business practices of the person who will be the seller, including information on a related person;
- (3) a disclosure of criminal convictions, civil judgments, orders, consent decrees, and administrative determinations
involving allegations of
- (A) fraud, theft, embezzlement, fraudulent conversion, misappropriation of property, the use of untrue or misleading
representations in an attempt to sell or dispose of real or personal property, violations of this chapter, violations
of AS 45.63 (solicitations by telephonic means), violations of AS
45.68 (charitable solicitations), or unfair or deceptive business
practices under AS 45.50.471 - 45.50.561, or a substantially similar law of another
jurisdiction, by the person who will be the seller or by a related person; or
- (B) a violation of securities or investment laws by the person who will be the seller or by a related person.
- (c) Registration under AS 45.66.010
or renewal under AS 45.66.030
is not complete until the person or seller receives an acknowledgment from the department that the person or seller
has complied with (a) of this section or AS 45.66.030
, as applicable.
- (d) In this section, "related person" means an owner, employee, agent, or officer of the business opportunity being sold,
or a person affiliated with the person who will be the seller of the business opportunity.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.