- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 65. Handicrafts and Works of Art
- Section 250. Definitions.
previous: Section 210
next: Chapter 66
. Sale of Business Opportunities
AS 45.65.250. Definitions.
In AS 45.65.200
- 45.65.250, unless the context otherwise requires,
- (1) "art dealer" means a person engaged in the business of selling works of art, other than a person exclusively engaged
in the business of selling goods at public auction;
- (2) "artist" means the creator of a work of art or, if deceased, the heirs or personal representatives of the creator;
- (3) "consignment" means that no title to or estate in the goods or right to possession superior to that of the consignor
vests in the consignee, notwithstanding the consignee's power or authority to transfer and convey, to third person, all
of the right, title, and interest of the consignor, in and to the goods;
- (4) "creditor" has the meaning given in AS 45.01.201
- (5) "work of art" means an original or multiple original art work including:
- (A) visual art such as a painting, sculpture, drawing, mosaic, or photograph;
- (B) calligraphy;
- (C) graphic art such as an etching, lithograph, offset print, or silk screen;
- (D) craft work in clay, textile, fiber, wood, metal, plastic, or glass materials;
- (E) mixed media such as a collage or any combination of art media in this paragraph;
- (F) art employing traditional native materials such as ivory, bone, grass, baleen, animal skins, wood, and furs.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.