- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 45. Trade Practices
- Section 530. Prohibited Practices.
previous: Section 520
. Collection of Royalties.
next: Section 550
. Private Action.
AS 45.45.530. Prohibited Practices.
- (a) A performing rights society, or an agent or employee of a performing rights society, may not collect or attempt to
collect a royalty payment or another fee from a business proprietor licensed by the performing rights society, unless
the collection or collection attempt is made under a contract entered into in accordance with AS 45.45.500 - 45.45.590.
- (b) An agent or employee of a performing rights society may not enter a business proprietor's premises to discuss a
contract for the performance of copyrighted works or payment of royalties unless the agent or employee immediately
discloses the purpose of the discussion and that the agent or employee is an agent or employee of a performing rights
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.