- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 518. Claim Concerning Inaccurate or Wrongfully Filed Record.
previous: Section 517
. Effect of Indexing Errors.
next: Section 519
. Numbering, Maintaining, and Indexing Records; Communicating Information Provided in Records.
AS 45.29.518. Claim Concerning Inaccurate or Wrongfully Filed Record.
- (a) A person may file in the filing office a correction statement with respect to a record indexed there under the
person's name if the person believes that the record is inaccurate or was wrongfully filed.
- (b) A correction statement must
- (1) identify the record to which it relates by
- (A) the file number assigned to the initial financing statement to which the record relates; and
- (B) if the correction statement relates to a record filed for record in a filing office described in AS 45.29.501
(a)(1), the date that the initial financing statement was filed for record and the information specified in AS 45.29.502
- (2) indicate that it is a correction statement; and
- (3) provide the basis for the person's belief that the record is inaccurate and indicate the manner in which the person
believes the record should be amended to cure the inaccuracy or provide the basis for the person's belief that the
record was wrongfully filed.
- (c) The filing of a correction statement does not affect the effectiveness of an initial financing statement or other
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.