- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 331. Priority of Rights of Purchasers of Instruments, Documents, and Securities Under Other Chapters; Priority of Interests in Financial Assets and Security Entitlements Under AS 45.08.
previous: Section 330
. Priority of Purchaser of Chattel Paper or Instrument.
next: Section 332
. Transfer of Money; Transfer of Funds From Deposit Account.
AS 45.29.331. Priority of Rights of Purchasers of Instruments, Documents, and Securities Under Other Chapters; Priority of Interests in Financial Assets and Security Entitlements Under AS 45.08.
- (a) This chapter does not limit the rights of a holder in due course of a negotiable instrument, a holder to which a
negotiable document of title has been duly negotiated, or a protected purchaser of a security. These holders or
purchasers take priority over an earlier security interest, even if perfected, to the extent provided in AS 45.03, AS 45.07, and AS 45.08.
- (b) This chapter does not limit the rights of or impose liability on a person to the extent that the person is protected
against the assertion of a claim under AS 45.08.
- (c) Filing under this chapter does not constitute notice of a claim or defense to the holders, purchasers, or persons
described in (a) and (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.