- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 29. Secured Transactions
- Section 309. Security Interest Perfected Upon Attachment.
previous: Section 308
. When Security Interest or Agricultural Lien is Perfected; Continuity of Perfection.
next: Section 310
. When Filing Required to Perfect Security Interest or Agricultural Lien; Security Interests and Agricultural Liens to Which Filing Provisions Do Not Apply.
AS 45.29.309. Security Interest Perfected Upon Attachment.
The following security interests are perfected when they attach:
- (1) a purchase money security interest in consumer goods, except as otherwise provided in AS 45.29.311
(b) with respect to consumer goods that are subject to a statute or treaty described in AS 45.29.311
- (2) an assignment of accounts or payment intangibles that does not, by itself or in conjunction with other assignments to
the same assignee, transfer a significant part of the assignor's outstanding accounts or payment intangibles;
- (3) a sale of a payment intangible;
- (4) a sale of a promissory note;
- (5) a security interest created by the assignment of a health care insurance receivable to the provider of the health care
goods or services;
- (6) a security interest arising under AS 45.02.401
, 45.02.505, 45.02.711(c), or AS 45.12.508
(e), until the debtor obtains possession of the collateral;
- (7) a security interest of a collecting bank arising under AS 45.04.210;
- (8) a security interest of an issuer or nominated person arising under AS 45.05.118
- (9) a security interest arising in the delivery of a financial asset under AS 45.29.206
- (10) a security interest in investment property created by a broker or securities intermediary;
- (11) a security interest in a commodity contract or a commodity account created by a commodity intermediary;
- (12) an assignment for the benefit of all creditors of the transferor and subsequent transfers by the assignee thereunder;
- (13) a security interest created by an assignment of a beneficial interest in a decedent's estate.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.