- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 10. Alaska Retail Installment Sales Act
- Section 10. The Contract Document.
previous: Chapter 10
. Alaska Retail Installment Sales Act
next: Section 20
. Buyer's Copy.
AS 45.10.010. The Contract Document.
- (a) A retail installment contract must be contained in a single document. The document must contain the entire agreement
of the parties including promissory notes and other evidences of indebtedness between the parties relating to the
transaction, except as provided in AS 45.10.040
, 45.10.050, and 45.10.100.
- (b) If the buyer's obligation to pay the time balance is represented by a promissory note secured by a chattel mortgage, a
provision of the mortgage by which the buyer undertakes to do something besides pay a sum certain in money is
considered to be contained in a separate document for the purpose of determining the negotiability of the note unless
the provision is expressly incorporated in the note by reference to the provision of the mortgage.
- (c) The contract must be dated, signed by the retail buyer, and completed as to all essential provisions, except as
otherwise provided in AS 45.10.050
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.