- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 8. Investment Securities
- Section 104. Acquisition of Security or Financial Asset or Interest in Security or Financial Asset.
previous: Section 103
. Rules For Determining Whether Certain Obligations and Interests Are Securities or Financial Assets.
next: Section 105
. Notice of Adverse Claim.
AS 45.08.104. Acquisition of Security or Financial Asset or Interest in Security or Financial Asset.
- (a) A person acquires a security or an interest in a security under this chapter if the person
- (1) is a purchaser to whom a security is delivered under AS 45.08.301; or
- (2) acquires a security entitlement to the security under AS 45.08.501.
- (b) A person acquires a financial asset other than a security or an interest in a financial asset other than a security,
under this chapter if the person acquires a security entitlement to the financial asset.
- (c) A person who acquires a security entitlement to a security or other financial asset has the rights specified in AS 45.08.501
- 45.08.511, but is a purchaser of a security,
security entitlement, or other financial asset held by the securities intermediary only to the extent provided in AS 45.08.503
- (d) Unless the context shows that a different meaning is intended, a person who is required by other law, regulation,
rule, or agreement to transfer, deliver, present, surrender, exchange, or otherwise put in the possession of another
person a security or financial asset satisfies that requirement by causing the other person to acquire an interest in
the security or financial asset under (a) or (b) of this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.