- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 8. Investment Securities
- Section 103. Rules For Determining Whether Certain Obligations and Interests Are Securities or Financial Assets.
previous: Section 102
next: Section 104
. Acquisition of Security or Financial Asset or Interest in Security or Financial Asset.
AS 45.08.103. Rules For Determining Whether Certain Obligations and Interests Are Securities or Financial Assets.
- (a) A share or similar equity interest issued by a corporation, business trust, joint stock company, or similar entity is
- (b) An investment company security is a security.
- (c) An interest in a partnership or limited liability company is not a security unless it is dealt in or traded on
securities exchanges or in securities markets, its terms expressly provide that it is a security governed by this
chapter, or it is an investment company security. However, an interest in a partnership or limited liability company is
a financial asset if it is held in a securities account.
- (d) A writing that is a security certificate is governed by this chapter and not by AS 45.03, even though it also meets the requirements of AS 45.03. However, a negotiable instrument governed by AS 45.03 is a financial asset if it is held in a securities account.
- (e) An option or similar obligation issued by a clearing corporation to its participants is not a security but is a
- (f) A commodity contract, as defined in AS 45.29.102
(a), is not a security or a financial asset.
- (g) In this section, "investment company security" means a share or similar
equity interest issued by an entity that is registered as an investment company under federal investment company laws,
an interest in a unit investment trust that is registered as an investment company under federal investment company
laws, or a face-amount certificate issued by a face-amount certificate company that is registered as an investment
company under federal investment company laws. Investment company security does not include an insurance policy or
endowment policy or annuity contract issued by an insurance company.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.