- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 8. Investment Securities
- Section 511. Priority Among Security Interests and Entitlement Holders.
previous: Section 510
. Rights of Purchaser of Security Entitlement From Entitlement Holder.
next: Chapter 9
. Secured Transactions; Sales of Accounts, Contract Rights, and Chattel Paper
AS 45.08.511. Priority Among Security Interests and Entitlement Holders.
- (a) Except as otherwise provided in (b) and (c) of this section, if a securities intermediary does not have sufficient
interests in a particular financial asset to satisfy both the securities intermediary's obligations to entitlement
holders who have security entitlements to that financial asset and the securities intermediary's obligation to a
creditor of the securities intermediary who has a security interest in the financial asset, the claims of entitlement
holders, other than the creditor, have priority over the claim of the creditor.
- (b) A claim of a creditor of a securities intermediary who has a security interest in a financial asset held by a
securities intermediary has priority over claims of the securities intermediary's entitlement holders who have security
entitlements with respect to the financial asset if the creditor has control over the financial asset.
- (c) If a clearing corporation does not have sufficient financial assets to satisfy both the clearing corporation's
obligations to entitlement holders who have security entitlements with respect to a financial asset and the clearing
corporation's obligation to a creditor of the clearing corporation who has a security interest in the financial asset,
the claim of the creditor has priority over the claims of entitlement holders.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.