- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 7. Warehouse Receipts, Bills of Lading, and Other Documents of Title
- Section 401. Irregularities in Issue of Receipt or Bill or Conduct of Issuer.
previous: Section 309
. Duty of Care; Contractual Limitation of Carrier's Liability.
next: Section 402
. Duplicate Receipt or Bill; Overissue.
AS 45.07.401. Irregularities in Issue of Receipt or Bill or Conduct of Issuer.
The obligations imposed by this chapter on an issuer apply to a document of title regardless of the fact that
- (1) the document may not comply with the requirements of this chapter or of any other law or regulation regarding its
issue, form, or content;
- (2) the issuer may have violated laws regulating the conduct of the issuer's business;
- (3) the goods covered by the document were owned by the bailee at the time the document was issued; or
- (4) the person issuing the document does not come within the definition of warehouseman if it purports to be a warehouse
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.