- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 616. Procedure On Notice Claiming Excuse.
previous: Section 615
. Excuse By Failure of Presupposed Conditions.
next: Section 701
. Remedies For Breach of Collateral Contracts Not Impaired.
AS 45.02.616. Procedure On Notice Claiming Excuse.
- (a) If the buyer receives notification of a material or indefinite delay or an allocation justified under AS 45.02.615
, the buyer may by written notification to the seller as to any delivery concerned and if the prospective deficiency
substantially impairs the value of the whole contract under the provisions relating to breach of installment contracts,
, then also as to the whole,
- (1) terminate and thereby discharge any unexecuted portion of the contract; or
- (2) modify the contract by agreeing to take the buyer's available quota in substitution.
- (b) If, after receipt of the notification from the seller, the buyer fails so to modify the contract within a reasonable
time not exceeding 30 days, the contract lapses with respect to deliveries affected.
- (c) This section may not be negated by agreement except insofar as the seller has assumed a greater obligation under AS 45.02.615
Article 07. REMEDIES
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.