- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 615. Excuse By Failure of Presupposed Conditions.
previous: Section 614
. Substituted Performance.
next: Section 616
. Procedure On Notice Claiming Excuse.
AS 45.02.615. Excuse By Failure of Presupposed Conditions.
Except so far as a seller may have assumed a greater obligation and subject to the preceding section on substituted
- (1) delay in delivery or nondelivery in whole or in part by a seller who complies with (2) and (3) of this section is not
a breach of the seller's duty under a contract for sale if performance as agreed has been made impracticable by the
occurrence of a contingency, the nonoccurrence of which was a basic assumption on which the contract was made or by
compliance in good faith with an applicable foreign or domestic governmental regulation or order whether or not it
later proves to be invalid;
- (2) if the causes mentioned in (1) of this section affect only a part of the seller's capacity to perform, the seller must
allocate production and deliveries among the seller's customers, but may at the seller's option include regular
customers not then under contract as well as the seller's own requirements for further manufacture; the seller may so
allocate in a manner that is fair and reasonable;
- (3) the seller must notify the buyer seasonably that there will be delay or nondelivery and, when allocation is required
under (2) of this section, of the estimated quota thus made available for the buyer.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.