- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 402. Rights of Seller's Creditors Against Sold Goods.
previous: Section 401
. Passing of Title; Reservation For Security; Limited Application of This Section.
next: Section 403
. Power to Transfer; Good Faith Purchase of Goods; "Entrusting.".
AS 45.02.402. Rights of Seller's Creditors Against Sold Goods.
- (a) Except as provided in (b) and (c) of this section, rights of unsecured creditors of the seller with respect to goods
that have been identified to a contract for sale are subject to the buyer's rights to recover the goods under AS 45.02.502
- (b) A creditor of the seller may treat a sale or an identification of goods to a contract for sale as void if as against
the creditor a retention of possession by the seller is fraudulent under any rule of law of the state where the goods
are located, except that retention of possession in good faith and current course of trade by a merchant seller for a
commercially reasonable time after a sale or identification is not fraudulent.
- (c) Nothing in this chapter may be considered to impair the rights of creditors of the seller
- (1) under the provisions of AS 45.29; or
- (2) if identification to the contract or delivery is made not in current course of trade but in satisfaction of or as
security for a pre-existing claim for money, security, or the like and is made under circumstances that under any rule
of law of the state where the goods are located would, apart from this chapter, constitute the transaction of a
fraudulent transfer or voidable preference.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.