- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 327. Special Incidents of Sale On Approval and Sale or Return.
previous: Section 326
. Sale On Approval and Sale or Return; Rights of Creditors.
next: Section 328
. Sale By Auction.
AS 45.02.327. Special Incidents of Sale On Approval and Sale or Return.
- (a) Under a sale on approval, unless otherwise agreed,
- (1) although the goods are identified to the contract, the risk of loss and the title do not pass to the buyer until
- (2) use of the goods consistent with the purpose of trial is not acceptance, but failure seasonably to notify the seller
of election to return the goods is acceptance, and, if the goods conform to the contract, acceptance of any part is
acceptance of the whole; and
- (3) after due notification of election to return, the return is at the seller's risk and expense but a merchant buyer must
follow reasonable instructions.
- (b) Under a sale or return, unless otherwise agreed,
- (1) the option to return extends to the whole or a commercial unit of the goods while in substantially their original
condition, but must be exercised seasonably; and
- (2) the return is at the buyer's risk and expense.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.