- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 45. Trade and Commerce
- Chapter 2. Sales
- Section 326. Sale On Approval and Sale or Return; Rights of Creditors.
previous: Section 325
. "Letter of Credit" Term; "Confirmed Credit.".
next: Section 327
. Special Incidents of Sale On Approval and Sale or Return.
AS 45.02.326. Sale On Approval and Sale or Return; Rights of Creditors.
- (a) Unless otherwise agreed, if delivered goods may be returned by the buyer even though they conform to the contract, the
- (1) a "sale on approval" if the goods are delivered primarily for use; and
- (2) a "sale or return" if the goods are delivered primarily for resale.
- (b) Goods held on approval are not subject to the claims of the buyer's creditors until acceptance; goods held on sale or
return are subject to such claims while in the buyer's possession.
- (c) An "or return" term of a contract for sale is to be treated as a separate contract for sale within the statute of
frauds section (AS 45.02.201), and as contradicting
the sale aspect of the contract within the provisions on parol or extrinsic evidence (AS 45.02.202
- (d) Whenever an artist delivers or causes to be delivered a work of fine art of the artist's creation to an art dealer for
the purpose of sale, or exhibition and sale to the public on a commission or fee or other basis of compensation, the
work of fine art is not subject to the claims of the art dealer's creditors. For the purposes of this subsection,
- (1) "art dealer" means a person other than a public auctioneer engaged in the business of selling works of fine art;
- (2) "artist" means the creator of a work of fine art;
- (3) "fine art" includes a painting, sculpture, drawing, photograph, or work of graphic art.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.