- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 99. Miscellaneous Provisions and Policies
- Section 205. Use of Pictures and Messages.
previous: Section 200
. Production of Publications.
next: Section 210
. Disclosures On Publication.
AS 44.99.205. Use of Pictures and Messages.
- (a) A state agency may not place a picture of an elected state official on an application form, a warrant, or a direct
deposit notice provided by the agency.
- (b) A state agency may not place a message on or with an application form, a warrant, or a direct deposit notice provided
by the agency unless the message is
- (1) from a state agency employee who is not an elected state official; and
- (2) required by law, necessary for the operation of the document, related to seasonal health issues including flu shot
reminders, or related to a program or activity of a state agency.
- (c) In this section,
- (1) "direct deposit notice" means a written notice that a deposit has been made by the state agency;
- (2) "elected state official" means the governor, the lieutenant governor, a lieutenant governor who serves as acting
governor or who succeeds to the office of the governor, or a legislator, including a person who has been appointed a
member of the legislature by the governor to fill a vacancy in the legislature;
- (3) "program" includes the permanent fund dividend program under AS 43.23 and the longevity bonus program under AS 47.45;
- (4) "state agency" has the meaning given in AS 44.99.240
(2)(A) and (B).
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.