- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 83. Alaska Energy Authority
- Section 100. Bonds of the Authority.
previous: Section 92
. Authority For Municipalities and Utilities to Enter Into Power Sales Contracts.
next: Section 105
. Bonds For Power Projects Under the Energy Program For Alaska. [Repealed, Sec. 28 Ch 18 SLA 1993].
AS 44.83.100. Bonds of the Authority.
- (a) The authority may borrow money and may issue bonds, including but not limited to bonds on which the principal and
interest are payable (1) exclusively from the income and receipts or other money derived from the project financed with
the proceeds of the bonds; (2) exclusively from the income and receipts or other money derived from designated projects
whether or not they are financed in whole or in part with the proceeds of the bonds; (3) from its income and receipts
or other assets generally, or a designated part or parts of them; or (4) from one or more revenue-producing contracts
including a contract providing for the security of the bonds made by the authority with any person. The authority may
issue bonds to pay, fund, or refund the principal of, or interest or redemption premiums on, bonds issued by it,
whether or not the bonds or interest to be funded or refunded have become due.
- (b) Bonds shall be authorized by resolution of the authority, and shall be dated and shall mature as the resolution may
provide, except that no bond may mature more than 50 years from the date of its issue. Bonds shall bear interest at the
rates, be in the denominations, be in the form, either coupon or registered, carry the registration privileges, be
executed in the manner, be payable in the medium of payment, at the places, and be subject to the terms of redemption
which the resolution or a subsequent resolution may provide.
- (c) All bonds, regardless of form or character, shall be negotiable instruments for all the purposes of AS 45.01 - AS 45.08, AS 45.12, AS 45.14, and AS 45.29 (Uniform Commercial Code).
- (d) All bonds may be sold at public or private sale in the manner, for the price or prices, and at the time or times which
the authority may determine.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.