- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 83. Alaska Energy Authority
- Section 92. Authority For Municipalities and Utilities to Enter Into Power Sales Contracts.
previous: Section 90
. Power Contracts and the Regulatory Commission of Alaska.
next: Section 100
. Bonds of the Authority.
AS 44.83.092. Authority For Municipalities and Utilities to Enter Into Power Sales Contracts.
The authority and any municipality or public or private entity operating an electric utility, or a municipality or
private entity and another municipality or private entity, may enter into a contract providing for or relating to the
sale of electric power by the authority to the municipality or entity, or by the municipality or entity to another
municipality or entity. The contract may provide
- (1) that the amounts payable under the contract are operating expenses of the utility and are valid and binding
obligations of the municipality or other entity payable from the gross revenues of the utility;
- (2) for one or more appropriations of the amounts payable under the contract;
- (3) for the municipality or other entity to assume the obligations of another contracting party in the event of a default
by that party;
- (4) that after completion of a project the municipality or other entity is obligated to make payments notwithstanding a
suspension or reduction in the amount of the power supplied by the project; or
- (5) that payments under the contract are not subject to reduction by offset or otherwise.
Article 03. FINANCIAL PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.