- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 77. Claims Against the State
- Section 40. Hearing and Judgment On Appeal to Department.
previous: Section 30
. Disallowance By Department.
next: Section 50
. Witnesses and Procedures.
AS 44.77.040. Hearing and Judgment On Appeal to Department.
- (a) The Department of Administration, after consulting with the office of administrative hearings (AS 44.64.010
), shall fix a time for hearing the appeal and shall notify the claimant and the officer who approved the voucher and
give them a reasonable opportunity to be heard. The hearing shall be conducted by the office of administrative
- (b) The department, after the hearing, may affirm, reverse, or modify its original decision. Upon acceptance by the
claimant of the decision of the department or if the claimant does not obtain judicial review as set out in (c) of this
section, the department shall make a disbursement from the proper appropriation for the sum the department finds due the
- (c) If the claimant does not accept the decision of the Department of Administration, the claimant may obtain judicial
review of the decision in accordance with AS 44.62.560
- 44.62.570. A claimant may also bring an action
under AS 09.50.250
- 09.50.300 at any time after one year has elapsed
since the presentation of the claim under AS 44.77.010
, if no decision has been made by the department.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.