- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 42. Department of Transportation and Public Facilities
- Section 230. Composition of the Board.
previous: Section 220
. Meetings; Hearings; Records.
next: Section 240
. Compensation, Transportation Expenses, and Per Diem.
AS 44.42.230. Composition of the Board.
- (a) The Aviation Advisory Board consists of the following 11 members, who are appointed by and serve at the
pleasure of the governor:
- (1) a member who represents a statewide trade association of air carriers doing business in diverse regions
of the state and serving both rural and international airports;
- (2) a member who represents a statewide membership organization of pilots, aircraft owners, and other aviation
supporters, organized to promote noncommercial aviation in the state;
- (3) a member who represents air carriers signatory to the Alaska international airport system operating agreement;
- (4) a member who owns or is employed by a regional air carrier in the state;
- (5) a member who is a community leader residing in the unorganized borough of the state;
- (6) a member who represents the mayor of the Municipality of Anchorage;
- (7) a member who jointly represents the mayors of the City of Fairbanks and the Fairbanks North Star Borough;
- (8) a member who represents the tenants of the Alaska international airport system, but does not represent an air
- (9) a member who represents an air carrier engaged exclusively in the air cargo business in the state; and
- (10) two members who represent other interests that the governor determines appropriate to advise on aviation
activities in the state.
- (b) To provide geographic balance on the board, the governor shall appoint at least one member from each of the
four judicial districts of the state.
- (c) The governor shall designate a member of the board to serve as chair of the board, or, at the governor's
request, the board shall elect a chair from among its members who are not state officers or employees.
- (d) Members of the board are appointed for staggered three-year terms and serve until a successor is appointed.
A member appointed to fill a vacancy on the board serves for the remainder of the unexpired term of the member whose vacancy is being
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.