- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 37. Department of Natural Resources
- Section 40. Duties of Department With Respect to Historic Preservation and Archeology.
previous: Section 30
. Duties of Department With Respect to Agriculture.
next: Section 50
. Duties of Department With Respect to Management of Mental Health Trust Land.
AS 44.37.040. Duties of Department With Respect to Historic Preservation and Archeology.
The Department of Natural Resources shall
- (1) sponsor, engage in, and direct fundamental research into the archeology of the state and encourage and coordinate
archeological research and investigation undertaken in the state;
- (2) cooperate with the Alaska Historical Commission in performing their functions under AS 41.35;
- (3) ensure that historic, prehistoric, and archeological resources are properly reported by persons or agencies engaged in
public construction work, and protect sites and objects of significance discovered at state sites or discovered during
the course of public construction, and encourage the protection of sites and objects discovered during the course of
any other construction work;
- (4) investigate reported historic, prehistoric, or archeological resources and appraise them for any future excavation,
preservation, and interpretation;
- (5) serve as a central clearinghouse for information on all historic, prehistoric, and archeological resource excavation
in the state.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.