- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 37. Department of Natural Resources
- Section 11. Additional Procedures For Administrative Appeals and Petitions For Reconsideration to the Commissioner of Natural Resources.
previous: Section 10
. Commissioner of Natural Resources.
next: Section 20
. Duties of Department With Respect to Natural Resources.
AS 44.37.011. Additional Procedures For Administrative Appeals and Petitions For Reconsideration to the Commissioner of Natural Resources.
- (a) This section applies to administrative appeals or petitions for reconsideration of a decision in an administrative
appeal to the commissioner of natural resources, except for those administrative appeals or petitions done under AS 38.35 or AS 43.82. If a conflict occurs between this section and other state law
existing at the time of enactment of this section, the provisions of this section control.
- (b) If a person is aggrieved by a decision of the Department of Natural Resources not made by the commissioner and is
otherwise eligible to seek the commissioner's review of the decision, the person may appeal to the commissioner. The
person may not file a petition for reconsideration of the commissioner's decision on the appeal. The commissioner's
decision on the administrative appeal is a final administrative order for purposes of filing an appeal of the
administrative decision to the court.
- (c) If a person is aggrieved by a decision of the department made by the commissioner and is otherwise eligible to seek
the commissioner's review of the decision, the person may not appeal that decision to the commissioner; however, the
person may petition the commissioner for reconsideration of the commissioner's decision. The commissioner's decision
made upon reconsideration or the commissioner's failure to act on the petition for reconsideration is a final
administrative order for purposes of filing an appeal of the administrative decision to the court.
- (d) If a person has a right to petition for reconsideration under AS 44.62.540 or this section, the person has a total of 20
days, including the time available under AS 44.62.540
, in which to file a petition for reconsideration with the commissioner.
- (e) The department may adopt regulations to implement and interpret this section.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.