- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 29. Department of Health and Social Services
- Section 300. Council Established.
previous: Section 230
next: Section 310
. Term of Office.
AS 44.29.300. Council Established.
There is established in the Department of Health and Social Services the Statewide Suicide Prevention Council,
consisting of 15 members, as follows:
- (1) two members of the senate, appointed by the president of the senate, one of whom shall be a member of the majority and
one of whom shall be a member of the minority;
- (2) two members of the house of representatives, appointed by the speaker of the house of representatives, one of whom
shall be a member of the majority and one of whom shall be a member of the minority;
- (3) 11 members appointed by the governor, as follows:
- (A) two persons who are employed in the executive branch of state government;
- (B) one member of the Advisory Board on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse;
- (C) one member of the Alaska Mental Health Board;
- (D) one person recommended by the Alaska Federation of Natives, Inc.;
- (E) one person who is a counselor in a secondary school;
- (F) one adult who is active in a statewide youth organization;
- (G) one person who has experienced the death by suicide of a member of the person's family;
- (H) one person who resides in a rural community in the state that is not connected by road or the Alaska marine highway to
the main road system of the state;
- (I) one person who is a member of the clergy; and
- (J) one person who is under the age of 18.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.