- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 21. Department of Administration
- Section 268. Powers of the Commission.
previous: Section 266
. Duties of the Commission.
next: Section 270
. Commercial Broadcasting.
AS 44.21.268. Powers of the Commission.
- (a) The commission may
- (1) employ all consultative, technical and clerical personnel necessary for the implementation of AS 44.21.256
- 44.21.290, within the limits of available funds;
- (2) employ a director, who shall be directly responsible to the commission in financial and administrative matters;
- (3) provide grants to locally controlled non-profit telecommunications entities which lease, purchase, construct, own,
operate and manage and are the licensees of public broadcasting stations, production centers, and other related
equipment and facilities for the production and transmission of open circuit, closed circuit, 2,500 megahertz, and
other transmission means necessary to provide fully effective public broadcasting in the state;
- (4) appoint unpaid advisory committees to assist in development of programs for public television broadcasts;
- (5) provide assistance to licensed commercial broadcasting stations for the broadcast of public affairs programming.
- (b) In performing its duties and exercising its authority under AS 44.21.256 - 44.21.290, the commission may not exercise control over
the specific content or airing of any program material.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.