- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 21. Department of Administration
- Section 266. Duties of the Commission.
previous: Section 264
. Purpose of the Commission.
next: Section 268
. Powers of the Commission.
AS 44.21.266. Duties of the Commission.
The commission shall
- (1) apply for federal and private funds for public broadcasting purposes and receive all federal, state, or private funds,
property, or assistance that may be appropriated, granted, or otherwise made available to the commission for public
broadcasting purposes, and use and disburse funds and property for purposes consistent with the terms of AS 44.21.256
- 44.21.290, subject to reasonable limitations
imposed by the grantor;
- (2) provide consultative services in all aspects of public broadcasting to all public or private agencies in the state
that request them;
- (3) serve as a library and clearinghouse for public broadcasting information;
- (4) through grants to qualified entities, develop an integrated public broadcasting network for the state;
- (5) through grants to qualified entities, develop and distribute public broadcasting programming in the state;
- (6) prepare and submit to the governor and the legislature, in compliance with the state information systems plan adopted
by the commissioner of administration, a long-term plan for the development of
public broadcasting stations and systems in the state, and biennially update the plan; and
- (7) perform all other functions necessary to ensure the orderly and coordinated development of public broadcasting in the
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.