- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 44. State Government
- Chapter 19. Office of the Governor
- Section 602. Appointment; Officers.
previous: Section 600
. Creation of Commission; Composition.
next: Section 604
. Terms of Office; Compensation.
AS 44.19.602. Appointment; Officers.
- (a) The members shall be appointed on a nonpartisan and nondiscriminatory basis by the governor. In making the
appointments, the governor shall give due consideration to
- (1) the recommendations made by civic organizations, women's organizations, educational and vocational groups, employer
groups, labor unions, church groups, homemaker's clubs and organizations, and other groups having an interest in the
welfare and status of women;
- (2) statewide geographical representation of the commission;
- (3) minority and low-income representation;
- (4) representation of senior citizens, persons with disabilities, and persons from a variety of occupational categories;
- (5) representation of persons with different marital statuses and persons with various numbers of children.
- (b) The commission shall elect one of its members as chair. The chair may appoint other officers as necessary.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.