- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 82. Alaska Stranded Gas Development Act
- Section 520. Duties of the Commissioner of Revenue in Relation to Municipal Participation.
previous: Section 510
. Municipal Advisory Group.
next: Section 600
. Governing Law.
AS 43.82.520. Duties of the Commissioner of Revenue in Relation to Municipal Participation.
- (a) The commissioner shall meet with each municipal advisory group periodically to report on the development of the
contract provisions that affect the municipalities.
- (b) In developing a contract under AS 43.82.200
- 43.82.270, the commissioner shall ensure that each
revenue-affected municipality and economically affected municipality receives a fair and reasonable share of the
payments provided under AS 43.82.210
in accordance with the following principles:
- (1) the share of the payments to revenue-affected municipalities should be given priority over payments to economically
affected municipalities with due regard to the anticipated size of the tax base that the contract would exempt from
municipal taxation by revenue-affected municipalities;
- (2) the share of the payments to municipalities should be determined with due regard to the anticipated economic and
social burdens that would be imposed on the municipality by construction and operation of the project;
- (3) the respective shares of the total payments to the state and to municipalities should be fixed in a manner to ensure
that their respective interests are aligned;
- (4) to the extent practicable, the periodic amounts paid to each of the municipalities should be stable and predictable;
- (5) to the extent practicable, the provisions for sharing payments with municipalities should be consistent with the
principles established in AS 43.82.210
- (c) In establishing the municipal shares under (b) of this section, the commissioner shall consult with the pertinent
municipal advisory group.
Article 07. MISCELLANEOUS PROVISIONS
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.