- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 82. Alaska Stranded Gas Development Act
- Section 400. Preliminary Findings and Determination Regarding the Contract.
previous: Section 310
. Disclosure of Information; Confidentiality.
next: Section 410
. Notice and Comment Regarding the Contract.
AS 43.82.400. Preliminary Findings and Determination Regarding the Contract.
- (a) If the commissioner develops a proposed contract under AS 43.82.200 - 43.82.270, the commissioner shall
- (1) make preliminary findings and a determination that the proposed contract terms are in the long-term fiscal interests
of the state and further the purposes of this chapter; and
- (2) prepare a proposed contract that includes those terms and shall submit the contract to the governor.
- (b) To make the preliminary findings and determination required by (a)(1) of this section, the commissioner shall compare
the projected public revenue anticipated from the approved qualified project with the estimated operating and capital
costs of the additional state and municipal services anticipated to arise from the construction and operation of the
approved qualified project. The commissioner shall address the reasonably foreseeable effects of the proposed contract
on the public revenue.
- (c) In conjunction with the making of preliminary findings and determination required by (a)(1) of this section, the
commissioner shall describe the principal factors, including the projected price of gas, projected production rate or
volume of gas, and projected recovery, development, construction, and operating costs, upon which the determination
made under (a)(1) of this section is based. If the commissioner has previously submitted a proposed contract to the
governor, the commissioner shall describe any material differences between the terms of the currently proposed contract
and the previously proposed contract.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.