- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 82. Alaska Stranded Gas Development Act
- Section 120. Applications.
previous: Section 110
. Qualified Sponsor or Qualified Sponsor Group.
next: Section 130
. Qualified Project Plan.
AS 43.82.120. Applications.
- (a) A qualified sponsor or qualified sponsor group may submit to the department an application for development of a
contract under AS 43.82.020 evidencing that the
requirements of AS 43.82.100
and 43.82.110 are met. The application must be
submitted in the manner and form and contain the information required by the department.
- (b) Along with an application submitted under (a) of this section, an applicant shall submit a proposed project plan for a
qualified project that contains the following information based on the information known to the applicant at the time
- (1) a description of the work accomplished as of the date of the application to further the project;
- (2) a schedule of proposed development activity leading to the projected commencement of commercial operations of the
- (3) a description of the development activity proposed to be accomplished under the proposed project plan;
- (4) a description of each lease or property that the applicant believes to contain the stranded gas that would be
developed if the project was built;
- (5) a description of the methods and terms under which the applicant is prepared to make gas available to meet the
reasonably foreseeable demand in this state for gas within the economic proximity of the project during the term of the
proposed contract, including proposed pipeline transportation and expansion rules if pipeline transportation is a part
of the proposed project;
- (6) a detailed description of options to mitigate the increased demand for public services and other negative effects
caused by the project;
- (7) a detailed description of options for the safe management and operation of the project once it is constructed;
- (8) other information that the commissioner of revenue, in consultation with the commissioner of natural resources,
considers necessary to make a determination that
- (A) the work accomplished as of the date of application, the schedule of proposed development activity, and the
development activity proposed to be accomplished under the proposed project plan reflect a proposal for diligent
development on the part of the applicant;
- (B) the proposed project plan does not materially conflict with the obligations of a lessee to the state under a lease or
under a pool, unit, or other agreement with the state; and
- (C) the proposed project plan describes satisfactory methods and terms for accommodating reasonably foreseeable demand for
gas in this state within the economic proximity of the project during the term of the proposed contract.
- (c) The requirements of (b) of this section do not diminish the obligations of a qualified sponsor or member of a
qualified sponsor group to the state or restrict the authority of the commissioner of revenue or the commissioner of
natural resources under any other law or agreement relating to a plan of development for a lease, pool, or unit.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.