- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 70. Alaska Business License Act
- Section 20. Application For License.
previous: Section 10
. Exemptions. [Repealed, Sec. 5 Ch 144 SLA 1978].
next: Section 30
. Levy and Computation of License Fee.
AS 43.70.020. Application For License.
- (a) For the privilege of engaging in a business in the state, a person shall first apply, upon forms prescribed by the
commissioner, and obtain a license, and pay the license fee provided for in AS 43.70.030
. A license issued to a firm for a particular line of business covers all its operations in the state in the line of
business regardless of the number of its establishments. A license issued under this subsection must include
- (1) the name and address of the licensee;
- (2) the line of business to be conducted;
- (3) the dates for which the license is issued; and
- (4) the business name to be used by the licensee.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 10 ch 45 SLA 1988].
- (c) [Repealed, Sec. 10 ch 45 SLA 1988].
- (d) A person engaging in a business subject to licensing provisions of a regulatory nature (for example, the requirement
of posting a bond before beginning business as a collection agency) must, in addition to filing the regular application
required by this section, comply with those regulatory provisions before being entitled to a license under this
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.