- Alaska Statutes.
- Title 43. Revenue and Taxation
- Chapter 56. Oil and Gas Exploration, Production, and Pipeline Transportation Property Taxes
- Section 18. Oil or Gas Property Education Credit.
previous: Section 10
. Levy of Tax.
next: Section 19
. Alaska Veterans' Memorial Endowment Fund Contribution Credit. [Repealed, Sec. 25 Ch 46 SLA 2002].
AS 43.56.018. Oil or Gas Property Education Credit.
- (a) For cash contributions accepted for direct instruction, research, and educational support purposes, including library
and museum acquisitions, and contributions to endowment, by an Alaska university foundation or by a nonprofit, public
or private, Alaska two-year or four-year college accredited by a regional accreditation association, the owner of
property taxable under this chapter is allowed as a credit against the tax due under this chapter
- (1) 50 percent of contributions of not more than $100,000; and
- (2) 100 percent of the next $100,000 of contributions.
- (b) [Repealed, Sec. 12 ch 71 SLA 1991].
- (c) Each public college and university shall include in its annual operating budget request contributions received and how
the contributions were used.
- (d) A contribution claimed as a credit under this section may not
- (1) be claimed as a credit under another provision of this title; and
- (2) when combined with credits taken during the taxpayer's tax year under AS 21.89.070
, 21.89.075, AS 43.20.014
, AS 43.55.019
, AS 43.65.018, AS 43.75.018
, or AS 43.77.045
, exceed $150,000.
- (e) The department may, by regulation, establish procedures by which a taxpayer may allocate a pro rata share of a credit
claimed under this section against monthly tax payments made during the tax year.
All content © 2008 by Touch
N' Go/Bright Solutions, Inc.
Note to HTML Version:
This version of the Alaska Statutes is current through December, 2007. The Alaska Statutes were automatically converted to HTML from a plain text format. Every effort has been made to ensure their accuracy, but this can not be guaranteed. If it is critical that the precise terms of the Alaska Statutes be known, it is recommended that more formal sources be consulted. For statutes adopted after the effective date of these statutes, see, Alaska State Legislature
If any errors are found, please e-mail Touch N' Go systems at E-mail. We
hope you find this information useful.